Grief and Loss Support
Deb’s intention is to change the way we think about grief so it is less fearful, more appreciated and easier to deal with in our society. She does this by demystifying the feelings and behaviours surrounding grief and encouraging people to talk openly about what grief is really like.
Deb knows grief. She has been studying, working with and supporting people who are dealing with grief across Queensland for more than 10 years and launched Deb Rae Solutions in 2013. She has also been a young widow for 12 years.
That’s what makes Deb different. Her insights into the world of a grieving person are honest, raw and sometimes painfully funny. She believes in the value of realistic examples and practical strategies. Deb empowers people who are grieving (and their family and professional supports) to understand both the universal and individual nature of grief, tap into their personal power and re-create calm and fulfilment in their lives.
It’s a challenging, exhilarating and joyous ride!
Grief, Loss and Transformation Tailored Workshops
Sessions may be 2 hours to 2 days in length, with 2 - 25 participants.
- Understanding the grieving process and common reactions
- Dealing with grief at difficult times (Christmas, anniversaries, etc)
- Supporting family and friends through loss
- Supporting staff members, clients and customers when they are grieving
- Working through grief to peace
- Supporting grieving children, adolescents and people with a disability
- Grief in families and communities
Topics are tailored to meet the audience’s specific needs.
All workshops are interactive, challenging, practical and fun.
Workshops are focused on identifying and building on your existing strengths and resources.
You will be challenged and supported to take action in a safe, supportive environment.
Costs depend on your preferred length and format of workshop.
Contact Deb to find out more.
- Sessions are oriented around your chosen goal or area of focus.
- Common goals are managing stress, dealing with grief reactions, rebuilding a life after loss and establishing new relationships.
- Sessions are focused on identifying and building on your existing strengths and resources.
- You will be challenged and supported to take action in a safe, supportive environment.
Choose a coaching package that matches what you need, or talk to Deb about tailoring your own.
“Go For It” Package
- Initial briefing to understand your preferences, motivation, previous actions, etc
- Review of coaching process, expectations and projected outcomes
- 5 - 10 coaching sessions with Deb (60 mins by Skype or phone)
- Range of strategies and resources according to your needs.
- An initial briefing to understand your preferences, motivation, previous actions, etc
- One coaching session with Deb (60 mins by Skype or phone)
- Range of strategies and resources to apply at work and home
- One coaching session with Deb to follow-up (60 mins by Skype or phone).
To talk about what you need and how we can work together contact Deb now.
WATTLE (Women Acting Together Through Loss to Empowerment)
- WATTLE is a support group for young widows in the Mackay (Qld, Australia) region.
- The group meets on the last Thursday of each month for dinner.
- ‘Young’ is defined to be as young as you feel.
- 'Widows’ includes wives, girlfriends, de-facto partners, same-sex partners, etc.
- The group's intention is to share, empower each other and have fun in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
- The group is not based on any religious faith and does not have any particular agenda.
- Deb will personally meet you for a coffee first so you can find out more and feel more comfortable.
To find out more (or if you'd like to start a group in your region) contact Deb now.